Tuskudrusla
For Your Perusal

Monday, October 02, 2006

Paradise Lost (John Milton)

Smthg to share with you ppl...
call me a bore I dun care. Im bored thats why!!!
smthg that i read during my days of down.
Smthg that I juz write daily pertaining to life..
I have always applied Milton's researches in my private journals.

I think you shd read this novel as PARADISE LOST by John Milton is considered the greatest epic poem in the English language. However, many readers find the language too complex to understand.
Who cares? I dun... wahaha!

II
For now to sorrow must I tune my song,
And set my Harpe to notes of saddest wo,
Which on our dearest Lord did sease er'e long,
Dangers, and snares, and wrongs, and worse then so,
Which he for us did freely undergoMost perfect Heroe,
try'd in heaviest plightOf labours huge and hard,
too hard for human wight...

I carry hence;
though all by mee is lost,
Such favour I unworthie am voutsaft,
By mee the Promis'd Seed shall all restore.

Taken from Lines 621-623.

Speaking precisely, Adam has not been banished for Eve's crime, nor has all been lost through her transgression, nor shall the "Promis'd Seed" restore all by her. Milton presents Eve as having the gist of the matter, but not the precise details. It's as if Milton puts the first misogynistic overstatements of Eve's crime in Eve's own mouth, as well as the first inaccurate pseudo-feminist assessments of Eve.

Those still blur, I will explain to you the full summarised version when I see you. You shud read PARADISE: REGAINED too...
its not that im compelled to read it but it juz overwhelmes me each time I read on it. Ook ppl.. i take my leave now...


....and the story goes on..................


:: juxtaposed by pearle :: Juxtaposed thoughts sanctioned :: Monday, October 02, 2006 | Tag Me Your Comments |

| Thoughts Filed in Memory |

addne aini nilra pappillon aflin shauki ashes chica cowell denise dee boobie dian megawati dian 2 dzool edea fendi fiza vogue grace toncit hazz hid giler horny horse hyrul anwar imran imran 2 izzie wizzie jadeious janeh luqsy ruudAsm naz nazie nic-a-lodeon nora senget norfasarie nura j nurul aini nurul_smss nurul oni patricia paulism rima rooney saru shafia tan kin lian tarina tim yanee yasz zizzyzestyzohra



. BLACK PEARLE .
20th May
Fervent Narcissist
Killer Vibes varies to some readers

BITCH'N..




Links

- blogger -
- sis's site -
- friendster -
- imran myspace -
- tagged.com-
- kirsche's webbie -
- my multiply -
- suzhairie's multiply -
- oprah! -
- penny's webbie - Slogan Generator

The Past
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
September 2008
October 2010
November 2010

Uninvited - Alanis Morissette